Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Update

So I wasn't kidding when I said that Game of Thrones was my new obsession. It happens so rarely that a book completely engrosses me and the characters in it seem like a part of my life. In fact, it has happened to this magnitude on only one other occassion -- when I was reading The Lord of the Rings trilogy for the first time.
When I read Lord of the Rings, I even dreamed about the events and characters in the story, it was that real for me. And though everyone that reads my blog knows that I LOVE Harry Potter, my degree of involvement in the story was not the same. While I was engaged in what happened to Harry and co., I was an observer and with both Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones, I truly felt like I was "in" the story.
I had all these plans for all the wonderful reading I was going to do over the summer now that I had more time on my hands. I have been reading, but not quite as much as I had planned.
Literally almost 4,000 pages later, I am up to the latest book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series called "A Dance with Dragons". I had to make myself step away from the story and take a little break. Read some other things. As a Christmas gift to myself, I will pick "Dance" up in time for the Christmas holidays, though since it is sitting on my NOOK - RIGHT NOW - it will be difficult to wait. Look for more updates in the coming days and weeks as I spread my wings into new literary horizons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment