Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Monday, May 30, 2011

My New Obsession



I kept hearing about this book and then I saw it chatted up on one of the Barnes and Noble book blogs. I haven't seen the show on TV, but this book is my obsession. There are so many characters, that I needed to keep a journal at first to keep track of them all. It's important to know and understand who all the players all and how they relate.

This book has it all: intrigue, mystery, politics, treachery, love, magic, wolves, dragons, princes and kings and so much more! The characters are real, you almost feel as if you know them. It's one of those stories whose very depth and breadth is all encompassing. I loved this story and I would highly recommend it to anyone, especially those who love fantasy writing. I am mid - way through book two now and I just can't wait to see the show on HBO, though I am glad that I read the book first.

Night is coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment