Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Monday, May 30, 2011

An Update

Now that my Master's degree is finally finished, I can return to reading for enjoyment. My reading for the last couple of months has been sporadic, but I mean to change all that this summer. Here are a few of the books that I have been reading:

American Adulterer by Jed Mercurio. This is an interesting work in that the main characters are never mentioned by name. The main character is referred to only as the subject or the President. His wife is named as the First Lady or his wife. Even though names are never specifically mentioned; however, it is clear that the author is dicussing John F. Kennedy. The details discussed in the book are interesting even though the facts of Kennedy's life and adultery are mostly well known by now. I would rate this book a 2 out of 5. No more.

Beastly by Alex Finn. This is the fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, told with an interesting modern twist. It is of course, completely transparent to anyone familiar with the story. This book is perfect for tween girls who enjoy reading about romance and the supernatural.

No comments:

Post a Comment