Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Friday, April 9, 2010

The Devil Who Tamed Her




I don't usually waste my time with romance novels, but once in a while, everyone deserves a little brain candy. Back in the day, I used to really enjoy romance novels until I realized that life is too short and there are way too many good books to read. However, I used to love a good Lindsay and after all the downers I have read lately, it was a welcome respite.

As I was reading the story, I felt that it was somehow vaguely familiar. Then, I realized that it should be familiar, it was the retelling of one of my favorite Shakespeare stories, "The Taming of the Shrew".

Every loves a Lindsay, at least that is what they say, and if you love the romance genre this one is worth checking out. However, if you really love the story Taming of the Shrew - no one does it better than Shakespeare, unless of course it's Burton and Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment