Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Meacham Delivers Again

Leila Meacham's book, Roses, was hailed as the 21st century's Gone With the Wind. I read the book and LOVED it. I loved it so much, that when I saw she was releasing a new book, I didn't even read the synopsis. I just bought it. At the very beginning of the story, I thought that Meacham was retelling Roses from a slightly younger perspective. I was preparing myself for a let down, but let me just say that Leila Meacham delivered again and delivered in a BIG way! Tumbleweeds is the familiar story of three friends - two boys and a girl. Predictably both boys fall in love with Catherine Anne; but her heart only has room for one. Which will it be? There are some familiar plot twists if you read Roses and others that you will never see coming. Every character, from the main characters of Cathy, Trey and John, to the smallest characters like Donny - each character is well thought out and developed. Each character contributes something to the story and moves the plot, providing greater understanding to all that happens. I was shock and awed by this book. I never saw it coming and all I can say is that I truly hope Ms. Meacham writes another!!! BRAVO!

No comments:

Post a Comment