Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

I choose this book because I thought it would be a wonderful way to embrace Father's day, which in recent years has become a somewhat difficult holiday for me. I was right, this book was an excellent choice. I laughed, I cried. It brought back wonderful and less than wonderful memories of being a teenage girl whose parents are divorced. This is a heartfelt memoir of a young girl growing up with her father. I was surprised by the life lessons cunningly wrought into the various stories that made up this book. I think some visuals, like the bike and the prom dress and the dead body of JFK (yes, I said that) will stay with me forever. I highly recommend this book! It is a wonderful read and reinforces once again the importance of literature in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment