Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lone Wolf



This was the latest book that I read for one of the book clubs that I belong to. I love Jodi Picoult, but I would be the first one to say that some of her books are better than others. ( I loved 19 Minutes & Salem Falls not so much Song of the Humpback or Picture Perfect).
At any rate, this book is her latest and I have to say that I enjoyed it. It's very different. The story of a father who is largely estranged from his family and then finds the decisions about his life quite literally to be in their hands. As usual, Picoult does a great job of taking a very timely and sensitive issue and shining many different lights upon the subject.
I also love wolves and found the main character very interesting in that he is a person who studies wolves and lives among them, much like Jane Goodall. I have heard some critics say that the sections of the book that discuss the wolves were not realistic, but not being an expert, I found them to be believable and engaging. It was interesting how Picoult used the characters interactions with the wolves to give insight into his own troubled family. If you enjoy Picoult and like this type of book ( one based on a timely controversy) then this book is worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment