Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wizard's First Rule



My husband and I started watching Legend of the Seeker on Netflix. I had not realized that this was a series based on a book. My usual philosophy is that I believe a person should always read the book first. So I started this, the first in the series of 11 books.

Wizard's Rule is very slow to start. VERY S----L----O-----W. But once the action starts happening, it all happens rapidly. Richard Cypher, otherwise known as The Seeker, is a very admirable character. He is loving and compassionate with a strong sense of justice and a willingness to help those in trouble. All perfect qualities for a Seeker of Truth.

I think one of my favorite characters in the book was Deena, a Mord-Sith who is sent by the villian Darken Rahl to "train" the Seeker. I won't give away why she is one of my favorite characters, or what I find admirable about her, in case any sci-fi fans out there want to give this one a try. Remember, you will be about ten chapters in before it gets lively....

No comments:

Post a Comment