Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Distant Hours

Kate Morton does it again! Earlier in the year, I read a book called the "Forgotten Garden". It was an amazing story full of unpredictable twists and turns. I didn't think that she could do it again. I was so very wrong.
The Distant Hours is about a young girl who gets evacuated from London during the Blitz. It was fascinating. The story travels basically through three generations - the Blythe sisters, Meredith and her daughter, Edith.
The story sucks you in and keeps you guessing.
This was a must read. I just loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone!! If you enjoyed The Forgotten Garden, I will so highly recommend The Distant Hours. It starts off strangely, but stay with it. If you like mystery or horror, historical romance... this book has something for everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment