Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Monday, December 27, 2010

13 Reasons Why



This is the story of Hannah Baker, and the 13 reasons that impacted her decision to end her life. I started reading this book because my 5th and 6th grade girls like supernatural stories. I thought this would be right up their alley.

This book is so powerful and though this is his first book, Jay Asher has an incredible voice. He was able to speak to how even the smallest of events can and do impact the lives of other people. I think that this is a wonderful book for all young adults and people everywhere can read. It's a powerful reminder to all of us about the butterfly effect that our actions take - a word spoken in anger, an act of dishonesty, saying and doing the wrong things because of peer pressure.... it's all in there!

For any and all, I highly recommend this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment