Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Infinity Gate

\

It seems like I have waited for this book to come out for a while. I love Sara Douglass and my fascination with her started some time ago when I read her Wayfarer Redemption series.

This was a very satisfying conclusion to her Dark Glass Mountain series. I will say though that most of her books are interrelated so it helps having past knowledge of the characters. In this book, Axis SunSoar, AKA StarMan, makes a return. Knowing the makeup of his character, and in this book in particular, aspects of his past from the Wayfarer Redemption series, provides helpful insights.

Douglas spins complicated tales, full of complicated and flawed individuals. The heroes are never perfect, but then, they aren't in real life either, are they? I love that she always writes very strong female counterparts, who are powerful in their own right.

If you like Sci-fi and fantasy but haven't read Sara Douglass, I highly recommend most of her books.

No comments:

Post a Comment