Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Beginning

I started this blog because I love to read. I am passionate about books. The characters of many that I have read have become my friends and life long companions. Every year I set a reading goal for myself, but often lose track of just how many books I have actually read. This blog is to help me keep track and to help like minded others by offering thoughts and commentary on those that I have finished.

To give you an idea of who I am, at least in regards to my literary tastes and preferences, I want to share my top ten list. Of course the list is constantly changing and morphing, but as of this moment it is as follows:

My Top Ten Favorite Books of All Time
1. Atlas Shrugged - it just has to be here.
2. The Lord of the Rings trilogy - because for me, these books started the magic.
3. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - quite possibly one of the best written and most uplifting novels that I have ever read, which is saying something.
4. 1984 because it makes me question everything...
5.Gone With the Wind - because my father used to always say that I am Scarlett.
6. Wuthering Heights - possibly the greatest love story of all time.
7.A Thousand Splendid Suns - I thought I couldn't possibly like a book as much as Kite Runner and then I read this and it was, literally, a thousand times better.
8. We the Living - because I find it fascinating and it in many ways in autobiographical.
9. Night. This simply must be on everyone's reading list. It just must...
10. Harry Potter - all of them. While this may be listed last, it is certainly not least. I love all things Harry!

Well, that's a little about me. Soon I will start my books reviews here. If you are reading this and have a suggestion for a good book to share, please leave me a comment. I am always looking for something to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment