Quote of the Week

Miss a meal if you have to, but never miss a book!

Sunday, November 28, 2010

BAD TIMING!!!!

I went digital back in February. It's a hard thing for a book lover like me to do, but for as much as I love the feel and smell of the pages, I also love trees. So, finally, I thought I would try a Nook - by Barnes and Noble.
Let me just say, I LOVE IT!!!! I don't even notice that I am not reading a "book" anymore. I love the ease and convenience. I love being able to download a book while I'm soaking in my tubby. It's amazing. My Nook is everything I hoped it would be.
For my birthday my amazing husband and some good friends gave me some book certificates, which of course, were used to load my Nook with some new reads. I was so excited about the books that I had chosen: The Distant Hours by Kate Morten, Decision Points by G.W. Bush, Cleopatra by Stacy Schiff, Oryx & Crake by Margaret Atwood, and Still Alice by Lisa Genova.
I had two weeks off of school and a five day weekend coming up, when something terrible happened.... My Nook died. It was the worst.
I called Barnes and Noble to trouble shoot it - no joy.
But then, the most amazing thing happened! Barnes and Noble shipped me a new one and all I have to do is send them the dead one back. No charge - not even on the shipping. Amazing. All my books are still there, just waiting for me to pick them up. I can't wait for my new Nook to get here.
Until them, I am doing it the old fashioned way reading The Master and Margarita by Bulgakov and I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb.
To anyone, in spite of this little set back, I LOVE my Nook and would recommend it highly. Not the Nook color - the battery life isn't as good. Plus, Barnes and Noble has been truly amazing with their customer service. Big kudos to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment